Your options for contacting us
The easiest and quickest way to contact us is by using our online contact page.
1. Who can we collect data from
2. Types of information we collect
"Personal information" is any information that we could use to identify an individual. It does not include personal information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information.
"Sensitive personal information" is information that meets the "personal information" criteria and also a.) reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or b.) concerns health or sex life or information on criminal or administrative proceedings other than in the context of pending legal proceedings.
So when you visit and/or register to our Site we may collect the following information to optimize performance of the Site and provide better Services:
- Account creation information
- Other information, images and content you may determine to provide to us
- Your IP address
- Information on the device you use to connect to the Site including your device's identification number and software used
- Profile viewing history and your interactions and messages with other users on the Site
- Data relating to your interactions with advertisements on the Site
- Information from cookies (or similar technology for mobile devices) stored on your device about your use of the Site and/or some third party websites
- Technical information from your device
- Location information
We will explain this further so you fully understand why and how your data is being collected and for what purpose.
3. Information that we collect about you
During sign up, we require that you provide us with certain information which may include Account Data (i.e., your full name, email address, phone number, username, and password) and "Demographic Information". Demographic Information may include IP address(es), referring website information, Internet browser used, zip code and/or other data regarding search history, browsing history, registration and user history.
Information and data that you give to us:
Personal information. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. When you create a profile and account, you supply some details that are necessary to uniquely identify yourself and allow you to access the site in future sessions. This includes identifying information, such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (for example valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown, country etc for better matching possibilities.
Additional information. After creating your profile, you have the option to share additional information about yourself. This data can include your personality, physical appearance, hobbies and interests, and entertainment preferences. You also have the option of adding photos to your profile, sometimes allowing us access to your mobile device to upload them. Some of the data you can optionally provide to us may be considered special or sensitive in some jurisdictions, such as your political affiliation, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. Providing this information is completely optional, and by providing any of it you consent to our processing of this data.
Payment information. If you choose to upgrade your account to Premium status on our website (and not one of our mobile applications), you will need to provide us (our Internal Payment Processor) or one of our payment service providers with payment data such as your debit/credit card number or other financial data. Sensitive payment data such as this is not stored by us indefinitely, but rather kept with our payment partners, who are fully certified to securely store this information for possible future purchases and rebills.
Customer services. If you contact our customer service team, either by our contact form, live chat or phone, a record is kept of your interaction in order to better service your account.
Other information. We store preferences that you supply us for your account settings under My Account, such as which types of email communication you prefer to receive, your billing status and history.
Information supplied to us by others:
Other users. From time to time, we may receive information about you from other users, such as complaints about account abuse or spam. We investigate these matters seriously, and reserve the right to store this data for further use, or to delete it if we find the claims to be baseless. Our Internal Fraud Detection System might keep malicious data for protecting other users from fraudental activities.
Information and data collected as you use the website:
Each time you log in and use our service, we collect data and information about your visit.
Automatically. We gather certain information automatically. This includes data like the date and time of your use, how long you spend on the site, the IP address you connected from, and other profiles you visited. This information may include browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below) and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate, and anonymously generated device identifiers and administer the site.
Cookies. We employ the use of technology like cookies, web beacons and pixels in order recognize you and the devices you use to access our service. We do this for several reasons, including authentication on future visits, keeping track of your preferences and settings, and helping to show you more relevant advertising and offers. Depending on your web browser and other software you have installed, you may be able to better control how we use these technologies. When you visit Site, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to the Site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on Site.
"Do Not Track" (or "DNT") is a feature on certain web browsers that you may use to access our service, whereby users can activate this setting to tell responding websites they do not wish to be tracked. Not all browsers offer this "DNT" option, and not all of these signals are currently uniform, so our service does not yet respond to these signals.
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or promotional or other e-mail messages or to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Third Parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. We employ the use of a data analytics service, specifically Google Analytics, to track certain non-personally identifiable pieces of data about your visits, such as your device type, how you reached the site, your location and browser language. This data is not stored by us, but rather collected using software we have installed on our pages and apps and then stored by this analytics service and used by us to help us improve your experience on our service. If you wish to opt out of making your data available to the Site, please visit THIS page.
4. How We Use Your Data
We only collect and store data about you that we feel is absolutely necessary. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content;
- communicate with you by e-mail, and/ or mobile devices about services that may be of interest to you either from us, or our other companies or third parties;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity on our sites and applications. We use data from all members with an internally developed fraud detection system in order to detect and eliminate bad actors from our service;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site as well as offers to join trusted partner sites quickly and easily through cross-registration;
- to be sure we are compliant with all legal requirements in all our operating jurisdictions and enforce our terms and conditions. This includes providing law enforcement with information they officially request from our records;
IMPORTANT: Your username will be associated with all activities you undertake on the Site including, without limitation, messages sent and other content or information you may determine to post or share. Your gender information help other users find you. Your gender preference(s) will be used to help identify other users that may be of interest to you. Your IP addresses, device data, and other use information are used by us in order to optimize our site for use. Your usage history may also be used to help our internal algorithm to recommend other Site users to you.
5. Who has access to information about you
When we store information in our own systems, only the people who need it have access. Our management team have access to everything you've provided, but individual employees have access to only what they need to do their job.
6. How we share data and information with other partners, including third parties.
First and foremost, by creating your profile and sharing information about yourself, you are in turn sharing that information with other users on the Site. As we cannot control what other users do with the data you share, please only add information to your profile that you are comfortable sharing with the public. In your Data Panel on the Site, you will find options to limit which members can and cannot send you messages.
- Sensitive personal data like your supplied gender will help other users find you. Your gender seeking preference(s) will be used to help identify other users that may be of interest to you.
- Sometimes it is necessary to share data with trusted third-party service providers and vendors to provide you better services. Some examples of this would be our payment service providers, in order to facilitate payments for Premium access, and our email validation service, which lets us know if you provided us with a valid email address. We will never sell your personal data to a third party under any circumstances. We take much care in ensuring that our few data partners follow best practices for safeguarding data, and encourage you to reach out to our customer support team if you have any questions regarding this.
- With your explicit permission, we will sometimes share the information you have provided us with other websites or applications that are wholly owned by our company, in order to set up a profile on that website or application for you. It is enabled through cross registration process. We ONLY do this with your express consent and instruction, such as when you opt-in at the time of profile creation, or when you choose to upgrade your membership.
- We use internal service providers which are sometimes passed your account data. Some examples of this would be our internal fraud detection system, which helps to eliminate bad actors on our network of websites and applications, and our internal ad serving system, which uses your demographic and interest data to show you relevant advertisements on the service. In all these cases, this data is completely retained within the company and safeguarded with the same high level of care your data is on the Site.
- If we are ever involved in a merger or sale, control of your data may transfer to a new company or website. This will be fully disclosed to you in advance if this situation occur. You will be notified via email.
- We reserve the right to share any and all account information with law enforcement or agencies authorized by applicable governmental authorities either in response to their written request or at our own election should we believe, in our sole discretion, that you or your account may be involved with illegal activity, or if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Site, our users, and/or one or more third parties.
- Sometimes, it may become necessary to share data if that disclosure could mitigate our liability in a lawsuit, either filed or threatened. This could also happen if we need to protect the legal rights of either ourselves or of our users, or to investigate or take action regarding perceived illegal activity or fraud.
7. Your Rights Regarding Your Data
The data that we collect, store and process with regards to your account is your own, and as such you have associated rights regarding that information as detailed below. All options are available in editing of My Account.
- You have the right to add, modify or delete data any time you want. You are the boss of your account. This will enable you to tailor exactly what others see about you at any time.
- You have the right to download an export of all the information we are currently storing in relation to your account.
- You have the right to configure your device settings to allow the level of access to your data that you choose, from the configuration options available on your specific device(s), browsers, etc. Please note that some configurations may not allow you full access to all our site features.
- You typically have the right to fully delete your information from our site and database permanently, barring a few extenuating conditions. For more information on this, please see Section 12 below.
- In some countries and jurisdictions, including the EU, you have the right to lodge an official complaint with an applicable data protection authority. Please consult the data protection rules of your country of residence for more information about the availability of this option.
8. Use Of Your Email For Promotional Marketing
An important part of your membership is being notified of special promotions from us. We use an internal email marketing system to send you these emails as part of your membership.
- Examples of special promotional emails may be a special introductory monthly offer at a steeply discounted price, or a discounted trial offer based on an action you previously attempted that requires Premium membership. The type of promotion sent determines which personal information is processed to generate the email.
- You can select exactly what kind of emails you want to receive from us at any time inside your Email Preferences. We store your preferences there until you tell us you want to change them again. Also, you can choose to stop receiving all emails from us by using the Unsubscribe link that is embedded in every email that we send you.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us. You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and account information, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your email preferences directly with that third party.
9. Specific Rights For Residents Of The State Of California
California residents are entitled to be disclosed a list of third parties to whom their data has been shared for direct marketing purposes over the previous year. Currently, we do not share any customer data with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If that policy was to change, we will update this section with information on how to obtain that information.
10. Protection For Your Personal Data And Information
Protecting the data that you entrust to us is extremely important, and we are constantly striving to ensure that it is safeguarded from harm at all times. However, like at any technology company, there is always risk of unauthorized access or destruction of this data. We employ both security experts and automated protocols that are constantly analyzing our systems for any signs of intrusion or attack, and have processes in place in case of any unauthorized access, including those mandated by certain jurisdictions (such as the EU in the case of the aforementioned GDPR). At our discretion, we may suspend usage of the site pending investigation into a suspected breach. We also encourage you to reach out to our customer support team immediately if you feel that your or any other account on the site has been compromised.
Notice of Breach of Security. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that affects you and your personal data, we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Your Password. It is vital that you keep your password safe to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. If you believe that someone else may have access to your password please change it immediately. Please note that your password is stored securely in an encrypted format and is never visible to our staff.
Location based services. Where we provide services that utilize your device's location, we may permit other users of the service to block individuals in certain locations, based upon their IP, from accessing such users' content.
11. Retention And Deletion Of Your Data
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. For your convenience, we retain your personal information until you advise us to discontinue doing so. This data will also be retained to service your account, develop new services and products related to the Service, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. Our data retention policy may be amended from time to time.
Your account can be deleted permanently if you make a request or choose that option in the Settings page. This is also known as a "right to be forgotten". Please be advised that in some instances, such as compliance with applicable laws, or in order to police fraud on our site more effectively, we may not be able to completely comply with your request. We will advise you upon your request if this is the case, and let you know the reason we cannot fully comply, as well as which data points we will need to retain. Please also note that while data may be fully and permanently erased from production (live) servers quickly, you should allow up to 30 days for data stored on backup servers to be fully deleted.
12. Transferring Your Data
We provide our services around the world. By using Site, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
As we operate in many different countries, sometimes data needs to be transferred across borders, such as when a citizen of the European Union joins a site that we operate from the United States. We have worked to become compliant with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in this situation, and as such use suitable safeguards for the transmission of this data.